Sunday, March 09, 2008

Big Fat Check

On my 4-week "anniversary" of back to work, I realized I wasn't getting paid. This week, on my 6-week anniversary, I finally got a big fat check. Yay! (Of course, big fat taxes was deducted because of the big fat amount. Won't be getting it back until the end of the year. *Sigh*. Oh well.) I so wanted to start shopping, but guess what, Toronto is having the snow of the year this weekend. It has been snowing ferociously for the past 24 hours. I had no choice but delay my shopping spree.

However, I did go out on this fine winter/spring day, in the wind, in the snow (literally), to a dinner engagement. Thankfully, the restaurant is close to home within walking distance. At some places, the snow piled up so high it reached my waist! That was a scene. I had quite a lot of fun walking in the snow.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

I keep hearing about the crazy winter storms in Toronto. Nuts.

As for Big Fat Check, at least you get some money back and you are contributing to some kind of pension. Living here, I realize how much benefits I lose. I pay tax up front, I have no way of claiming my money back (through RRSPs etc), and I have no pension anymore....and still have to pay some taxes in Toronto. Wonderful ;-)