Friday, December 14, 2007

Attachment

Buddha said, all things are temporal on this earth and attachment to them will altimately create a feeling of lost and sorrow.

Looking around my home, I wonder how I've happened to accumulate so much..uh..which I hate to admit...junk. Not sure if I'm lost in it yet, but it sure creates a sorrowful sight. 

I came to this city with 1 suit case and 2 boxes of books. I remember one day, the house I lived in got broken into. All my roommates were devastated, and I just shrugged and said, I got nothing for them to steal.

Countless time, I say to myself, that's it, I'm going to clean up this mess, but things just got "filtered in" over and over again. 

A leaf which I picked up in an Autumn 10 years ago; a card from elementary school friend whom I already lost contact with; A piece of fabric which I bought because it's pretty; Piles and piles of tickets and information booklets which I collected on my trips. 

And of course, the unforgivable ones, my wardrobe.  5 winter coats, though I do wear them all; 3 pair of gloves just sitting around, doing nothing for the past few years; Many tank tops because they are cute.  

And last but not least, the real garbage, paper with things I wrote down and hoped one day I'd revisit and make a great novel out of it. Revisit? Maybe. Novel? Who am I kidding.

Why, why, and WHY?  Why is it so hard for me to part with them?  Why am I so attached to them?  It sucks.

I really have to clean up this mess...one more time.


No comments: